In Zimbabwe’s floundering economy, hairstyles reflect status and income more than ever, and some women go to great lengths to achieve the prized hairstyle: straight and long. For hair-conscious consumers, increasingly popular hemp-infused hair pomades boast quality, effectiveness – and the risk of arrest.
Indian-administered Jammu and Kashmir
BusinessSee All Business
CultureSee All Culture
A historic election scheduled for July 30 will decide this nation’s next president. After 38 years of iron-fisted rule by Robert Mugabe, many Zimbabweans believe this is their time for true democracy.
More from the Global Press Team
GPI founder Cristi Hegranes gives a transparent look at what it takes to create a global journalism social enterprise.
- Guest Blog: Global Journalism is Challenging, But Processing Payments to Reporters Around the World is Sometimes the Hardest Part
- Guest Blog: A Creator Award for Global Press: Sharing Success is Even Sweeter
- Guest Blog: “Every Day There is a Report of Deaths, Which Triggers More Protests”
Between the Lines
Editors take you between the lines on everything from complex editorial decisions to the unique challenges of global journalism.
- GPJ Launches Global Press Eats To Explore News Through Lens of Food
- To Find Quality Photos, GPJ Visuals Editor Emphasizes Importance of Reshoots
- To Describe Innovators Facing Challenges, GPJ Reconsiders ‘Resilient’
Inside the Story
From reporting triumphs to critical hardships, GPJ reporters give insider accounts of what it takes to cover the world.
- Argentina: “Be Prepared:” Prep Work Lets GPJ Journalist Nab Important Interview
- DRC: When Reporters and Readers Come Face to Face
- Nepal: “It flowed with a beautiful rhythm, which mirrored the beating of my heart”