In Zimbabwe’s floundering economy, hairstyles reflect status and income more than ever, and some women go to great lengths to achieve the prized hairstyle: straight and long. For hair-conscious consumers, increasingly popular hemp-infused hair pomades boast quality, effectiveness – and the risk of arrest.
Democratic Republic of Congo
BusinessSee All Business
Argentina’s Housing Crisis
As their peso loses value, ordinary Argentines are struggling to find places to live. People who get government-subsidized home loans find that those loans aren’t adequate when the time comes to buy, due to Argentina’s high inflation rate. People who rent say their salaries can’t keep up with rent hikes.
More from the Global Press Team
GPI founder Cristi Hegranes gives a transparent look at what it takes to create a global journalism social enterprise.
- Guest Blog: Global Journalism is Challenging, But Processing Payments to Reporters Around the World is Sometimes the Hardest Part
- Guest Blog: A Creator Award for Global Press: Sharing Success is Even Sweeter
- Guest Blog: “Every Day There is a Report of Deaths, Which Triggers More Protests”
Between the Lines
Editors take you between the lines on everything from complex editorial decisions to the unique challenges of global journalism.
- GPJ Launches Global Press Eats To Explore News Through Lens of Food
- To Find Quality Photos, GPJ Visuals Editor Emphasizes Importance of Reshoots
- To Describe Innovators Facing Challenges, GPJ Reconsiders ‘Resilient’
Inside the Story
From reporting triumphs to critical hardships, GPJ reporters give insider accounts of what it takes to cover the world.
- Argentina: “Be Prepared:” Prep Work Lets GPJ Journalist Nab Important Interview
- DRC: When Reporters and Readers Come Face to Face
- Nepal: “It flowed with a beautiful rhythm, which mirrored the beating of my heart”