Same-sex couples are pushing for marriage in Mexico’s southernmost state of Chiapas, even though state laws prohibit it. Efforts there are part of a trend to legalize same-sex marriage nationwide.
Sri LankaQ&A: Peak Performance: An Advocate of Women’s Rights Is 1st Sri Lankan to Summit Everest
CultureSee All Culture
EducationSee All Education
More from the Global Press Team
GPI founder Cristi Hegranes gives a transparent look at what it takes to create a global journalism social enterprise.
Between the Lines
Editors take you between the lines on everything from complex editorial decisions to the unique challenges of global journalism.
- What’s in a Surname?
- Don’t Trim the Copy Desk. Copy Editing Is a Key Task at News Agencies.
- For Fact-Checking, an In-Person Skills Session Makes All the Difference
Inside the Story
From reporting triumphs to critical hardships, GPJ reporters give insider accounts of what it takes to cover the world.
- Argentina: “I Saw the Kids Asking for Bread”
- Nepal: “I Felt the Prison Was Like a Home for Them”
- Zambia: “I Had to Transform My Pain Into My Passion”