Young people in Uganda face a high risk of suicide and undiagnosed mental health issues due to the stigma surrounding people suffering from such illnesses. The country’s high unemployment factors into the suicide rate, according to mental health experts, but there aren’t enough resources to address the problems young people face with employment, anxiety and other mental disorders.
Democratic Republic of Congo
CultureSee All Culture
Long After the Quake, Nepal Waits for Help
More from the Global Press Team
GPI founder Cristi Hegranes gives a transparent look at what it takes to create a global journalism social enterprise.
- Guest Blog: Global Journalism is Challenging, But Processing Payments to Reporters Around the World is Sometimes the Hardest Part
- Guest Blog: A Creator Award for Global Press: Sharing Success is Even Sweeter
- Guest Blog: “Every Day There is a Report of Deaths, Which Triggers More Protests”
Between the Lines
Editors take you between the lines on everything from complex editorial decisions to the unique challenges of global journalism.
- GPJ Launches Global Press Eats To Explore News Through Lens of Food
- To Find Quality Photos, GPJ Visuals Editor Emphasizes Importance of Reshoots
- To Describe Innovators Facing Challenges, GPJ Reconsiders ‘Resilient’
Inside the Story
From reporting triumphs to critical hardships, GPJ reporters give insider accounts of what it takes to cover the world.
- Argentina: “Be Prepared:” Prep Work Lets GPJ Journalist Nab Important Interview
- DRC: When Reporters and Readers Come Face to Face
- Nepal: “It flowed with a beautiful rhythm, which mirrored the beating of my heart”